Explore the art of Long Exposure Photography with Gerri Whitley. Learn to achieve tack sharp, dreamy long exposure by controlling time with the use of Neutral Density (ND) Filters. This is a hands-on workshop where we will work in the field to develop long exposure skills then return to the school to review the images and discuss
Some of the topics that you will learn:
- Achieve sharp, long exposure photos – vary the time of exposure to see effects.
- How to calculate the correct exposure for exposures longer than 30 seconds.
- How to manage exposure time with your ND Filter(s).
- How to color correct for ND Filters using a grey card.
- Composition and selection of exposure time – how to adjust settings to get the effect you want.
- Ghosting people walking through your image.
- Processing tips
- North Ave. Beachhouse
- If inclement weather is anticipated an alternative indoor location will be used.
- 6:00 am – 10:00 am: Meet at the field location and photograph.
- 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm: Meet at the school (4001 N Ravenswood) to discuss and print your photos.