Printing larger prints can be intimidating. It is believable that bigger printers and bigger papers result in bigger problems. It doesn’t have to be difficult. With the Mastering Large Format Printing Class discover how to translate what you know from Mastering the Art of Photographic Printing to a much larger scale. After completing this class you should be able to create any size print that effectively communicates your vision.
Over the course of 4 weeks, you will attend 3 lectures and will have an extra week to complete your printing.
This course focuses on:
- understanding the unique characteristics of a large print
- utilizing a workflow for printing in Adobe Photoshop
- reevaluating editing methods to optimize results
- identifying visual problems and developing solutions
- identifying characteristics of “good” color and density in large format photographic printing
Required supplies for students to purchase:
- 1 roll of 24 Hahnemühle FineArt Inkjet Paper
- 1-2 25 sheet boxes of Hahnemühle 5×11 paper (roll and 8.5×11 25 sheet boxes should be the same paper)