We are beyond thrilled to offer you a fun, laid back (but jam-packed) 2 FULL days of learning from one of the best in the Newborn Photography Industry…Christin Lewin.
Christin Lewin is coming in from Baltimore to offer you her amazing two-day workshop for individuals that want to pursue Newborn Photography and to professionals who want to learn new techniques. Here is what Christin has to say about her workshop:
“I have a strong passion for teaching and feel very strongly that “hands-on” mentoring is the ONLY way to learn how to fine-tune your skills and take your work to the next level when it comes to Newborn Photography. Having learned from TWO of the BEST Newborn Photographers in the industry, I am going to let you in a little secret… …you ready???
Nothing you can read in any e-book or watch pre-recorded online lesson could -ever- compare to the real-time learning and support you will receive during your 2 DAY hands-on mentoring retreat with me! Yes, it’s an investment in your business but I promise you that it’s so worth it and the quickest way to see immediate results in your posing as well as your business sense (plus -ahem- tax-write off!)
This is not one of those blahhhh boring workshops where you sit behind me with a pen and paper and watch me work (been there, done that) while you have a million questions exploding inside your head. Nah! not even close!
This is the most interactive, in-depth, open-book version detailing my entire newborn photography business where you get an exclusive front row view of exactly what I do and why I do it. No question will be left unanswered and no topic is off-limits 😉If you’ve ever met me, you know that I am not one to hold back and keep “secrets” to my success because truthfully -more than anything- this is about YOU and not me. This is about you growing and succeeding and I am your biggest cheerleader through the entire process including prep, posing, post-session workflow, and printing your artwork! No more digital downloads!!
This Isa workshop retreat where I teach you some amazing tricks and techniques on our first day together (with the help of several newborn models, of course) and then on day 2, I step back and guide you as you use the skills you’ve just learned and put them into action! No worries, I will be right beside you to give you pointers and correct anything out of place while letting you get comfortable working with real newborns and putting your newfound skills into practice 🙂”
Over the course of this 2-day retreat you will learn:
– Parent and Newborn Pre-Session Prep including my “Preparing for Your Newborn Session” guide to make sure you start your session off on the right note! How being candid and light-hearted with the parents sets the tone for a much more relaxed and enjoyable experience!
– How to master Studio Lighting and how making minor adjustments changes the entire feel of your final image
– Studio prep / What you need on-hand at every single newborn session
– Posing transitions/workflow – keeping those tiny humans sleepy and allowing you to work smoothly and safely through a proven series of poses both on the beanbag and with the use of props
– Styling / How to Choose the perfect prop / Vendors I love
– Camera angles with live, real-time help. You take the image then show me the back of your camera and I help you fine-tune right then and there and make sure it’s all clicking into place before we move on to the next shot 😉
– Camera settings and which lens I use for every single session
– Macro photography – capturing the tiniest of details
– Newborn Soothing Skills – I’ve never met a baby I couldn’t coax into a gentle slumber – true facts! I am a total baby-whisperer and you will be, too!
– Newborn Safety -This is of paramount importance and throughout the course of our time together, it’s something I will re-enforce over and over and over and over again… (I have seen far too many unsafe props and unsafe handling techniques in newborn sessions and this is something I am super adamant about and you should be, too!) We will practice spotting, proper support/positioning, and composite images
– Baby wrapping techniques and why bigger isn’t always better!
– How to make friends with/coerce (bribe) those tricky toddler siblings into actually -wanting- to be involved in your session
– Why I insist on parent shots every single time and how to make them feel an emotional connection during your time together.
– Post-processing (culling and editing using LR and PS)
– On-going support via Private Facebook group limited to Christin Lewin Photography Mentoring Students only (plus me, of course). You will receive real-time advice/fine tuning/inspiration help from a group of women on the same journey as you are and who are pushing you to be your best and grow your business. I won’t just drop you off at the airport and wave “ta-ta!” Oh no! You will receive all of the help and continued learning you could ever need and it’s tailored to fit what you learned during our retreat time together. I want you to succeed!
*** The Biggest, Bestest, most valuable and AWESOMEST / HUGEST game-changer I can offer you! ***
* The delicate art of In-Person Sales aka IPS – You will learn why I no longer give away my digitals via downloadable gallery and neither should you! I will show you -exactly- how I made $10,000 in the very first month I switched to offering fine art products*
– I will detail each of the fine art printing companies I have researched and ultimately chosen to best represent my brand and let you explore all of the products I offer to my clients. I will show you what to choose and what to avoid (save yourself thousands of dollars in studio samples that you’ll never use!)