For several years John Granata has traveled the country displaying and selling his photography printed on handmade Japanese Washi Paper. Collectors appreciate his unique mounting method, which no other artist offers. Though many have tried to copy this method, no one has figured out how to duplicate this lasting and archival mounting method. This workshop reveals all; from printing method, paper suppliers, adhesives, mounting method, to finishing with protective coatings.
This mounting method is an art in itself. Join John Granata as he guides you through each step with hands-on learning, detailed explanations, and specific products, which have produced several thousand handmade pieces of artwork.
- Paper and printing demo handmade Japanese Washi paper. (Links provided for several distributors.).
- Discussion and lecture on artistic intention when using an alternative printing and mounting method.
- Adhesive explanation and hands-on instruction. (Specific product information provided.)
- Hands-on instruction on mounting paper to a backing. (Specific drying times provided.)
- Protective Varnish explanation and demonstration. (Specific product revealed.)