Nestled along the shores of Lake Michigan in South Milwaukee is one of the area’s best parks, with something for everyone. Grant Park’s 381 acres are diverse, from rolling grassy hills, to a sandy beach and wooded ravines traversed by rustic wooden bridges. It is a jewel in Milwaukee’s county park system, especially during the fall, the trees in Grant Park are an explosion of colors and even with luck you will be able to spot a deer or raccoons. At the foot of Seven Bridges Trail, you are greeted by the words “Enter this wild wood and view the haunts of nature,” a fitting tribute to this natural gem.
This photo tour is an especially good shoot for those wanting or needing individualized photography assistance in the field. Learn the techniques to design best landscape photography. Plan to join Nenad Spasojevic to capture the exceptional splash of colors at sunrise happening at 7:18 on the 26th of October in Grant Park Avenue, South Milwaukee. You will explore the vibrant landscapes at the very peak of the season and observe whole scenarios with the vivid yellow, orange and red hues of the transformed aspen leaves.
What you will learn:
- Getting fluent with your gear and developing a consistent workflow in the field.
- Capture for multiple exposure blending
- Using filters effectively
- Learning and practicing new compositions.
- Long exposures techniques.
We won’t be hiking longer than a couple of miles at a time, but you’ll need to be fit enough to manage moving around on uneven terrain. Most locations will not require any significant hiking.
• Instruction in the field: craft and creative strategies for landscape photography
Tour DOES NOT Includes:
- Small Flash Light
• Digital SLR Camera
• Tripod with Cable Release
• Wide Angle Lens and Telephoto Zoom Lens (We use the 16-35mm and 70-200)
• Filters: Circular Polarizer
• Lots of Memory Cards
• Extra Camera Batteries
• Micro-fiber Cloths
• Camera Bag/Backpack for Gear and Food/Water
Clothing for a variety of weather conditions from including snow, wind and cold temperatures and temperatures from 30F to 60F
• Rain Jacket and Pants
• Warm Down Layer
• Trail Shoes or Hiking Boots
• Gloves and Hat
• Moisture Wicking Base Layer