Discover the world around us that is typically unseen to the human eye! Join Nick Sinnott to learn Macro Photography, a new 7-Week Class, offered both Online and In-Studio. During this class, you will be photographing the Macro details of flowers, crystals, ice, water drops, insects, plus more. In-Studio Classes are limited to 6 students and all CDC & Local Guidelines will be followed.
Class Requirements (General)
- Completed Photo II or request permission here: [email protected]
- DSLR or Mirrorless Camera
- No Macro Lens needed. If you own a Macro lens, great, we will certainly use it. If you just have a 50mm lens, that will work as well, you’ll just need to purchase a set of Extension Tubes (about $40).
- Tripod or other camera stabilization (Platypod).
- Cable Shutter Release (Preferred) or IR Shutter Release
Online Class ADDITIONAL Requirements:
To effectively complete the class “in your home” you will need to purchase about $140 worth of supplies and equipment. A general list is below but a more specific list (with options and links) will be sent to you.
- Focusing Rail
- LED & UV Lighting
- Various small supplies such as “Third Hand” tool, spray bottle, syringe.
- Various objects to photograph such as flowers, ice, coins, etc…
- Adobe Photoshop
General Outline of the Class
- Week 1 – Introductions and Equipment
- Week 2 – Understanding Macro and Extreme Macro Depth of Field
- Week 3 – Photographing Flowers – Focus-Stacking and Post-Processing in Photoshop
- Week 4 – Photographing Water Drop Refractions
- Week 5 – Photographing Insects, Crystals, Coins, Gems…and pretty much everything you have in your house 🙂
- Week 6 – Photographing Ice and Snow Flakes*
- Week 7 – Photographing with UV Light